When you come back home after a busy day, most of us struggle to get into the kitchen to cook! This quick omelette curry is something that you can cook in 30 minutes. Serve it with rice/roti or quinoa.
What you will need (for 2 people): 3 eggs, 1 medium size potato cut into thin and long pieces (similar to French fries), 1 red onion finely chopped, 1 medium tomato finely chopped, 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste (if you don’t have the paste just grate a small piece of ginger and crush 4 cloves of garlic) , spices (1 tsp cumin seeds, 1 tsp turmeric, 1 tsp coriander, 1 tsp garam masala and a pinch of chilli powder), 1 tsp of sugar, 1 tsp of dried mango powder (optional), oil or ghee (1-2 tbsp) and salt.
- Heat the ghee/oil in a pan (deep enough to hold the gravy)
- Once the oil is hot, add 1tsp of cumin seeds and leave it for 10-15 seconds. Add the chopped onion and fry them till they are golden in colour. Lower the heat on the hob and add the ginger garlic paste and fry it in the oil. Add all your dry spices to the oil and the chopped tomato. Cook the spices until the oil separates which is the best indicator that you are spices are cooked. Add sugar and salt to the gravy along with the dried mango powder. If you don’t have the mango powder don’t worry as it’s just to add sourness to the gravy.
- Once the spices are cooked and the tomato has nicely broken down into the masala add the potato to this and add 2 cups of water. Adjust the amount of water slowly depending on the consistency you want in the curry. Leave the gravy to cook.
- On the other hob, heat a frying pan with some oil. Beat the eggs in a bowl and make 3 plain omelette out of this. Once you have the omlette ready cut each into 2 pieces i.e. 6 pieces in total , add them to the boiling gravy.
- Cover the pan with a lid on medium flame and cook for another 10 minutes until the potatoes are cooked.
Serve this hot with any main that you like.
I hope you like this quick recipe and will try it out. If you like a curry, this is one of the quickest curries that you can make.
Till the next time, ciao!