If you are like me, you will always be in a morning rush! This makes it very easy to leave the house without breakfast and many of us are tempted to do this often! This is totally a bad idea! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and a good and nutritious breakfast sets you nicely for a busy day! Talking about nutrition, one of my favourite edible things on the planet is an egg! Yes, an egg which is a versatile ingredient in your kitchen. So today, I share with you three breakfast ideas with this amazing ingredient. All of these recipes can be made in 15-20 minutes with a 5 minutes prep ahead of time. So the next time you are ready to skip that breakfast, please don’t! Try these instead !All measurements are for 2 people
Recipe 1: Avocado Toast with a soft-boiled egg
What you need: 2 eggs, 1 avocado, 2 slices of bloomer bread (I used gluten-free), salt and pepper.
- To make a soft-boiled egg, you will need an egg that is kept at room temperature cooked in a pan filled with enough water to cover the egg. When the water starts boiling , switch off the hob and cover the pan with a lid. Exactly after 4 minutes take the egg out of water and peel it. This will give you a soft boiled egg.
- While the egg is boiling, get the avocado ready. Scoop it out and use a fork to mash it. Season with Salt and pepper.
- Butter the bread (optional) and then top it with the avocado mash and the soft-boiled egg. Cut the egg and enjoy all the goodness that oozes out.
Recipe 2: Spanish Omelette
What you need: 4 eggs, 1 small potato cut in small cubes, 1/2 cut and thinly sliced white onion,1/2 red pepper or capsicum, Any other vegetable that you like or have in the fridge (optional), Salt, pepper and paprika powder, oil / butter. This recipe requires the use of oven, so switch on the oven while you are prepping the ingredients and pre-heat at 160 degrees centigrade.
- Heat around 1 tbsp of oil in an oven proof pan and then fry the potatoes, onions and the vegetables. Season them with salt and pepper.
- Whisk the eggs in the bowl and add some salt and paprika to the mix.
- Once the vegetables are partially cooked, take them out on a kitchen towel to drain any excess oil.
- Wipe the pan and then add another 2-3 tsp of oil. Add the eggs and sprinkle the vegetables on the top.
- Leave it on the hob on medium heat for 2-3 minutes and then transfer it to the oven.
- Keep it in the oven for 10-13 minutes. You can use this time to get ready while this cooks itself.
- Once it’s time, take it out of the oven.
- Enjoy it with a slice of bread or on its own.Recipe 3: Broccoli and Feta omelette with cherry tomatoes
What you need: 3 eggs, 3-4 florets of broccoli, 2 tbsp of crumbled feta cheese, 3-4 cherry tomatoes, 1 small onion diced, paprika, salt, pepper and oil.This recipe requires the use of oven, so switch on the oven while you are prepping the ingredients and pre-heat at 160 degrees centigrade
- Cut the broccoli into small pieces and fry them for 2-3 minutes in a pan. This is to cook the broccoli slightly. Take it out and wipe the pan with a paper tissue.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and then add some oil to the pan followed by the eggs.
- Sprinkle the onions and the broccoli on the top followed by feta cheese and halved cherry tomatoes. Leave it on the hob for 2-3 min on low flame and then transfer it to the oven for 10 -12 minutes. Once one, this can be served hot or cold.So here you go! Hopefully you will find these ideas useful and this will inspire you to experiment more in the kitchen. Would love to hear from you! Thanks for popping by and till the next time, ciao!