This year has been a bumper summer in the UK and it’s such a delight to spend time with good friends in our little garden. So when they showed up last weekend, I took an opportunity to try my hands on a new mocktail. This can be a wonderful cocktail too and you can just add some white rum.
So here you go – A fruity delicious drink suitable with or without alcohol.
What you will need (for 4 people)
1. 1/2 carton of orange juice
2. 1 big orange
3. Berries of your choice – I used red currants but I guess raspberry or strawberry will go well too!
4. Sprigs of fresh mint leaves
5 . 4 tbsp of sugar (1 for each glass)
6. A pinch of rock salt for each glass
7. Crushed ice
- Blend half of your red currants in a blender to make a smooth paste. I didn’t mind the seeds but if you don’t like the seeds pass the paste through a sieve for a fine paste.
- Take 4 tall glasses and at the bottom add some mint leaves. Mash the leaves slightly to release the flavours.
- Squeeze 1/4 of the fresh orange in each glass
- Add 1 tbsp of sugar and pinch of rock salt
- Divide the berry paste between the glasses on the top of the mint.
- Fill the glass half way with crushed ice
- Pour the orange juice over the top
- Stir it all in to create a delicious fruity drink
- Decorate the glass with the extra berries
- Serve it chilled
Hope you love this recipe as much I did! Till the next ciao!