Summer has its own perks.. long days, the sun is shining and there is always an opportunity to drink! There is such a wide variety of options for people drinking alcohol the options aren’t limited for the ones who don’t drink alcohol. While some traditional cool drinks like lassi can be delicious sometimes one is looking for something light and refreshing. In my attempt to make one such drink this is my take on the Cuban cocktail – Mojitos!
Made with few ingredients and no major equipment required, this is so easy to make and will for sure quench your thirst on a long summers day. It can be served to your guests when they arrive as a delicious welcome drink too!
What you will need:
1. Ice cubes – a lot of them crushed in a blender to make a fine crushed ice
2. 4 limes
3. Honey (as per your taste) or sugar syrup or powdered sugar ( please use as per your taste) – I used 2-3 tbsp of honey + sugar for each glass.
4. 20-30 fresh mint leaves
5. 1 tsp of rock salt
- Fill your drink glasses with mint leaves and crush them softly with a honey spoon or anything else that will bruise the leaves. This will help release the flavor of the mint leaves.
- Squeeze 1/2 a lime on the top of the mint leaves and then add the sugar and honey combo. Add some water to dissolve the sugar (the glass should be 1/4 to 1/2 full). Add a pinch of the rock salt for that extra zing.
- Top up the glass with crushed ice and some water.
- Your drink is ready to enjoy.
2 Comments Add yours
LikeLiked by 1 person