How often do you feel peckish in the afternoon and reach out to that vending machine for a bar of chocolate. You think you will have just one piece and soon realize you have finished that whole bar. Then you feel guilty that the amount of calories you lost huffing and puffing at the gym have been gained by this slip of yours. Life is truly unfair isn’t it!
If you have a sweet tooth like me, this is a perfect snack for those sweet cravings. Full of protein and made of natural goodness, these date balls are easy to make and will last for 5 days if kept in the fridge.
What you will need:
- Around 10-15 seedless organic dates
- 100 g of cashew nuts
- 100 g of almonds
- 2 tbsp of organic desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- Roast the cashew nuts and almond for 15 minutes at 160 degrees Celsius.
- Once roasted leave them to cool and then blend them in a food processor.
- Add the dates and the rest of the ingredients and blend them together.
- Once all blended together, take them out and make golf size balls. You should get around 12-15 balls.
- Put them in the fridge and after 30 minutes they are ready to eat.
- Enjoy this healthy and nutritious snack.