Weekends and long weekends, they are such a delight. You wake up late, sip your cup of tea, check the papers and start on the chores. It’s just special as there is no alarm, no trains to catch. With the sunshine filled days, it’s utterly beautiful here in London.
Breakfast as usual is an important meal of the day and as you have some more time on your hands, give your taste buds a break from the usual cereal and toast and try this breakfast bake. While I finish this in an oven you can always cook it on a stove, just keep it on a low flame and use a pan instead of a tray.
What you need (for 2 people)
- 3 eggs + 1 for the top
- 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp of garlic powder
- 1tbsp of onion powder
- 1 tbsp of dried oregano
- 1 tsp of paprika powder
- 2 jalapeños (cut in round pieces)
- Sea salt (as per your taste)
- Cut vegetables (I used courgettes, red pepper, asparagus, red onions)
- 3 tbsp of flour (I used gluten-free)
- 3 tbsp of soft goats cheese (You can use any soft cheese)
- Break 3 eggs in the bowl and whisk them. Add the onion, garlic, paprika and oregano to the egg mix. Mix it well so that there are no lumps. Add the flour to the mix and then mix it well to form a smooth batter. Add salt as per your taste
- In a baking tray, spread the olive oil and then add the chopped vegetables to the tray.
- Add the egg-flour mix to the vegetables and then mix it well so that the mix is spread evenly on the tray.
- Add the goats cheese to the tray and spread it so that it is distributed evenly.
- Break the last egg into the tray with sunny side up.
- Put the tray in a preheated oven (at 180 degrees centigrade / 356 degrees fahrenheit) and cook it for 45-50 minutes.
- Enjoy it hot with some ketchup and any side that you like.
Hope you enjoy this new recipe. Till the next time, ciao!